Tuesday, October 23, 2012

She turned four

Yesterday my sweet little Matilda Grace turned 4.

I look at her and can't believe how big she has gotten, even though she told me she will be my little girl at least until she is 6. :)   

  It doesn't seem very long ago that we were counting down the days in anticipation for her arrival. 


 
I remember how hard her birth was (they say you forget, but you don't).  Then I remember thinking it was all worth it, as I sat up half the night, just watching that wonderful little person sleeping.  I remember thinking, "She is so perfect, I can't believe she's mine."   



She has helped teach me what it means to fervently pray for someone.  

She has made me laugh countless time and remember that the world is full of mystery and wonder, and it's good to ask questions.  

 She has taught me selflessness and that this world doesn't revolve around me. 

 Because of her and Nathan, I've seen what an amazing father my hubby is, and it makes me even more grateful for him each day. 

She has shown me what innocence looks like and made me want to preserve hers as long as possible.  



She is smart, hilarious, beautiful, imaginative, stubborn, silly, and countless other adjectives.   She has taught me me so much from day one, and I can't imagine our lives without this beautiful little girl in it.   We are blessed beyond measure.  I hope and pray we celebrate many more wonderful birthdays together.  Happy birthday my little angel girl.   

3 comments:

video_nana said...

Oh, you made me cry - she is so sweet and beautiful and we miss her so much. Australia is sooo far away. We are also very thankful for you and your dh, for the Godly parents you are to Tilly and Nathan. Love you!

Church Mouse said...

I remember when she was born! She is just sooooo beautiful! Like her mama!

Thanks so much for you comment on Church Mouse! Yes, of course I remember you. I've kept up with you from time to time and somewhat through your sister-in-law, Lori, but now I will follow along here. You've done some wonderful articles, and I have chicken-envy!

Lori @ In My Kitchen, In My Life said...

Just saw this. I'm teary, too. So glad you and Heather are connected -- 2 of my favorite people! Ain't the 'net grand?