Friday, February 22, 2013

Milestones


Today we celebrated another milestone as a family.  Eddie and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.


It wasn't our most exciting anniversary ever, because of the little bean, I have been sick and totally exhausted all day every day, and he came down with a cold yesterday.


Despite those things we still had a nice evening out.  Thanks to our wonderful friends and neighbors who volunteered to keep our little people we had some time to ourselves.  We went to our favourite Thai place for some take a way and just caught the sunset over the ocean.  We had a nice, peaceful dinner watching the waves crash in and feeling the nice ocean breeze.  Then we headed off to San Churros for a wonderfully delicious chocolate milkshake even though I could only take a few sips.


I am constantly reminded at how blessed I am.  I am married to an amazing, supportive, encouraging man, who seeks to love me as God intended. 



 It has been an amazing nine years, filled with:  travel, a move across the world, two beautiful children and one on the way, lots of ups and downs and exciting times.  



It makes it all go so much smoother when you are married to your best friend.  


I remember in one of our first serious conversations that we had we both stated how we wanted to dedicate our lives to serving the Lord, little did we know then that we would be doing this but as a team together.  




I don't think either of us would have anticipated the changes and adventures that we have undergone together these last nine years, but it has all been worth the craziness.  



I love him more and more each year and thank God every day for the blessing he is in my life.  I am definitely blessed beyond measure.  



Last night as we were heading home early, I told Ed that one of the ways that I feel so blessed, is that not only do I love spending alone time with him, but I love being together as a family.  Not only has Ed given me 9 wonderful years but also two pretty amazing little people as well and he is one pretty great DAD!!

No comments: