Sunday, December 2, 2012

A buzzin shower

We are blessed with an abundance of babies in the congregation I attend.  For the last several years there have been at least 5 new little ones each year, and with lots of new little babies, comes lots of opportunities for baby showers.



The beautiful expecting mum.  Her sign says "Mummy to bee" 


One of the hard things that come with so many baby showers is trying to think of new themes and games.



 Our most recent shower was yesterday at my house and we went with the "bee theme".  I found so many great ideas of course while surfing through Pinterest (feel a lot of my post say that lately).




What's a party without some cupcakes
 I have realised how crucial it is to have helpers and delegate out jobs and couldn't have done it without the help of a few different ladies, one in particular (J.T.) who is worth about 3 people alone.  She was my amazing go to person, who took the ideas and made them reality.  She is wonderful!!! I can not sing her praises enough.
Little Rice Krispy bees
 It was a lovely party.  The weather was perfect, their was a great turnout, and some fun games.
Make your own lolly bags for people to take away.  
 As I prepped everything for the shower, I couldn't help but think back to when we started our family and the anticipation of what lay ahead.
We wanted the shower to be more than just presents, so we decided it would be great to take the opportunity to give the new mom some words of wisdom.  
 I remember the excitement of seeing all the new tiny little clothes, the toys, and sweet blankets.
The punch fountain
One of the tips I recall clearly was when a friend told me before I gave birth that when you feel like you are about to die and can't take it any longer it's almost over.



After Tilly was born I kept thinking that no matter how much you prepare and feel like you know before hand, nothing really prepares you for what life will be like when that new little one arrives.  


Are there any shower or party themes you've done or been to that you really liked?  What would your words of advice be to a new mom?