Sunday, November 16, 2008

Welcome!!

Well I have established this blog for all of you who are interested in our little Matilda Grace and all her growth and changes. I'm sure that I'll add snipits of our lives here as she is an integral part of our goings on. I'll try to update frequently to keep everyone updates on her latest pics, growths, and accomplishments. I know that us being so far away is hard on everyone (including us) so hopefully this will help at least in a small way.

I can't believe that time is going by so fast. Our little girl is now 1 day shy of 4 weeks old. She is growing and changing so much, it's amazing watching what each new day will bring. She is sleeping better through the nights (at least most nights) and doing great with her feeding schedule. This week she has gotten to where she can really turn her head from side to side to look around and she is discovering her arms and legs and is really turned into a little wiggle worm. She is super observant and really studies you when she's awake. She is a doll when we take her out (I think she may be better out than when she is at home ;) ). Her daddy and I are figuring out her little cries and we are all getting in sync with each other.

The goal this week is to get her sleeping in her own bed. There is a part of me that is torn with this. The part that loves having her close for a cuddle during the night, then the part that needs sleep. I know it'll be better for us both if she gets use to sleeping in her bed cause we will both rest better, but I will miss her.

5 comments:

video_nana said...

This is a wonderful idea. We'll look forward to seeing photos and hearing about the new things that Mattie does.

Jammie said...

I look forward to each posting. It will help with the distance. Thanks for doing this.

Lori said...

This is terrific! I gotta say, Matilda is making me miss you all even more. Love you.

Bill Lane said...

This is a great idea! It will make is much easier to keep up with Matilda's progress. I love seeing pics of her (and her parents). She is growing so fast!

truly blessed said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad I can pop in here and check on you guys and even comment once in a while! Matilda is absolutely beautiful, as are you. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. I miss you.
Oh, by the way...this is Mary. :)