Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Milestones. . .

Well our little precious is 4 weeks old today. I can't believe how fast it is going. In some ways it seems like just yesterday I was still pregnant, yet in other ways it is hard to imagine life without her. I was telling Ed yesterday that it is amazing but I love her more and more every single day.

Last night Matilda slept in her bed for the first time. YAY!!! She took her naps all day in her bed and we put her down at about 11 for her night sleep. She slept till around 4 then up for a feeding then back asleep in her bed until 7. She did so good for her first night in there. Hopefully this will continue. I woke up around 3 wide awake wondering why it was so quiet, so of course I had to go and check on her. She was sound asleep.

Yesterday was a sleepy day for her. It was everything we could do to keep her awake after she ate. Ed was having to put her in all these crazy positions, and we even resorted to a cool rag to keep her awake for a bit. She pulled the funniest angry faces but refused to open her eyes. She already has attitude :) I guess she does come by it pretty fairly with the parents she has.

3 comments:

video_nana said...

Babies change so quickly. Glad she slept so well last night - hope that continues for you. Ya'll were wise to try to keep her awake - you don't want her getting her days and nights mixed up!!

truly blessed said...

I'm so proud of you guys! Sounds like you're doing great! Getting her used to a routine for sleep is a great thing for all of you. Babies need their sleep and so do you!

Jammie said...

She is so beautiful. I hope she continues to sleep in her crib. I hope you are getting more sleep.