Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year's thoughts

I read this quote around New Year's on a friends blog and it spoke to me.  I think that so many times I don't try new things because of fear of failure, I don't talk to that person for fear of not knowing what to say or seeming weird, I keep the same ol life/routines going because that is easy and simple and known.  Here is to a year of breaking out of that, breaking out of my comfort zone, breaking out of fear and being the person God has designed me to be.  This will include making mistakes, this will include failures and change, but I am called for nothing less.

 

“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” 
~Neil Gaiman



3 comments:

Lori @ In My Kitchen, In My Life said...

Thought-provoking ideas. I have one and only one resolution for 2015: to speak the truth in love and trust God with the consequences.

Em. said...

Hooray! Sounds like a year of fun - I'm always up for something new if you need a fellow adventurer!

Melaine said...

Lori that is a great resolution and one I know I could be better about.

Em I'm always up for a buddy :)