Saturday, February 13, 2010

Toddling



Well now it's been almost a month since Tilly "officially" became a walker. She has been walking around for about 3 months or so before that, holding on to furniture, walls, etc. and taking a few steps here or there. Ed and I laughed at how cautious she was about it all, but I guess after a few pretty big falls and hard head knocks, I can understand why. She slowly found her confidence first walking between the two couches in the living room, or across to her high chair. Then she would venture a little further around the house to where she was eventually walking all the way across the living room. All of this was only happening around the house though, we would tell people at church and then try to show them but the stubborn little girl wouldn't budge. We would set her down, but she would immediately go to her bottom. It didn't take too long though and she found her confidence even more. She started following me all around the house barely having any trouble and only teetering a little here and there, then she finally took off at church. When she did everyone was surprised at how stable she was, I just told them she should be stable she's been walking all around the house for a few weeks. She has an adorable little toddle though, and she prances around like a little princess shaking her bottom. I LOVE IT!! It is great and crazy now that she is walking on her own. Great because she can move all around and entertain herself more. She can come when you call her and walk if you have your arms full, crazy because she is now moving constantly and always wants to be up and about. oh my how the times have changed, she can get anywhere in seconds and you have to keep a constant watch. I can't believe how big she has gotten. I have a feeling I'll be saying that for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

raequin said...

Love the action shot! Plus, she has her daddy's hair doesn't she?

video_nana said...

She looks so cute! And...you will definitely be saying that the rest of your life!